The best time for Manaslu Circuit Trek depends on your personal preferences and the type of experience you are looking for. Spring (March-April) and the Autumn (Sep-Nov) season is normally the best time to trek the Manaslu Circuit in Nepal.
The Manaslu Circuit trek is a challenging and remote trek that takes you through the beautiful landscapes of the Manaslu region in Nepal. The trek is a great alternative to the more popular Annapurna Circuit trek and offers a more authentic and less crowded trekking experience.
This is an ideal time of the year, as the climate is neither too cold nor too hot. Days are warm with crystal clear blue skies providing you with a dazzling mountain view. Especially, in Spring you can enjoy the colorful bloom of rhododendron forests and other lush green vegetation.
Manaslu Circuit Trek during the Spring season
This is the second busiest season for the Manaslu Circuit Trek, after the autumn season. Due to the clear and dry weather, we can get the clear mountain view which makes it one of the best time for Manaslu Circuit Trek.
Advantages of doing the Manaslu circuit trek during the spring season
- The weather is generally clear and dry
- Good visibility
- Comfortable temperatures and good weather
- The rhododendron flowers are in bloom during this time, adding to the beauty of the trek
Disadvantages of doing the Manaslu circuit trek during the spring season
- Might be a little bit crowded due to the peak season
- Accommodation prices may be higher.
Manaslu Circuit Trek during the Summer season
This is the monsoon season in Nepal, and the Manaslu Circuit Trek can receive heavy rainfall during this time. The trails may be slippery and muddy, and there may be disruptions to flights and transportation due to the weather. So, basically trekking in this season is not possible or at high risk.
Are you confused about when to book the Manaslu Circuit trek
Let us help you choose the best time for the Manaslu Circuit trek
Manaslu Circuit trek during the Autumn season
This is the busiest season for the Manaslu Circuit Trek.
Advantages of doing Manaslu Circuit Trek during the Autumn season
- The weather during the autumn season in the Manaslu region is typically sunny and dry, with daytime temperatures ranging from 10°C to 20°C. This makes for comfortable trekking conditions
- The autumn season is known for having clear skies and excellent visibility, which makes it an ideal time to enjoy stunning mountain views.
- The autumn season falls at a time when the monsoon season is ending and the winter season has not yet begun, which means the air is relatively dry and easier to acclimatize to.
Disadvantages of doing Manaslu Circuit Trek during the Autumn season
- While the daytime temperatures during the autumn season are pleasant, the nights can be cold and temperatures can drop below freezing. Be sure to pack warm clothing and a good sleeping bag to stay warm at night.
- There may be a shortage of accommodation and other trekking services. It is advisable to book your accommodation in advance to avoid any issues.
Manaslu Circuit Trek during the Winter Season
Advantages of doing Manaslu Circuit Trek during the Winter season
- The winter season is considered the off-season for trekking in Nepal, which means there are fewer tourists and fewer crowds on the trails.
- As the winter season is considered the off-season, prices for accommodation and other trekking services may be lower compared to the peak seasons.
- The winter season falls at a time when the air is relatively dry and easier to acclimatize to, which can be beneficial for those who are concerned about altitude sickness.
Disadvantages of doing Manaslu Circuit Trek during the Winter season
- The winter season in the Manaslu region is known for cold temperatures and heavy snowfall, which can make the trek more challenging and potentially dangerous.
- The winter season is known for shorter days with less sunlight, which means you may have less time to enjoy the views and complete the trek each day
However, it’s important to note that the Manaslu Circuit trek is a high-altitude trek, and weather conditions can be unpredictable at any time of the year. It’s important to be prepared for any type of weather and to have proper gear and equipment for the trek.