Langtang Valley Trek Details:
“Langtang Valley is a land of wonders which can be accessible throughout all four seasons in Nepal & changes its beauty according to it. This place reserves endangered animals like Himalayan Black bear, Red panda, Wild Dog, Snow Leopard, Ghoral, Serow & more than 250 species of birds. The journey to the Langtang Valley is a journey inside the Langtang National Park. So, to establish an unforgettable journey inside the Langtang region, Pristine Nepal Treks presents you a 10 Days Langtang Valley Trek.”
Outline Itinerary of Langtang Valley Trek:
Day 01: Private vehicle pick up from Airport after your Arrival & Transfer to Hotel
Day 02: Early Morning Drive to Syabrubesi via Public Vehicle – 7 Hours ride
Day 03: Approximately 7 hours Trek from Syabrubesi to Lama Hotel
Day 04: Trek to Langtang Village from Lama Hotel – 6 hours
Day 05: Approximately 4 hours Trek to Kyanjin Gompa
Day 06: Acclimatization Day & Short Hike to Kyanjin Ri at 4,773m
Day 07: Trek Back to Lama Hotel 7 hours trek
Day 08: Head Back to Syabrubesi 6 hours
Day 09: Drive Back to Kathmandu
Day 10: Departure from Kathmandu, Transfer to Airport
Read what our happy customers have to say:
Langtang Trek Highlights:
- Third Best Trek in Nepal that can be trekked at any season, No hassle, No high traffic and Easy to Moderate level in terms of difficulty.
- Hiking to Kyanjin Ri offers an amazing view of Mt. Langtang Lirung (7,227m), Changbu (6,251m), Yubra (6,262m), Naya Kanga (5,844m), Yala Peak (5,500m), Tserko Peak (5,749m), & Tsergo Ri (4,948m).
- Enter the Langtang National Park & enjoy the nature more closely with a rare chance to see an endangered animals during the trek.
- Visit the local Cheese Factory in Kyanjin Gompa and enjoy the panoramic view from here too.
Langtang Valley Cost Inclusion:
- Private vehicle for pick up and drop on Airport arrival and departure
- Public bus from Kathmandu to Syabrubesi and again back to Kathmandu
- Taxi fare to/from Bus park/Station
- Trekking Permit Cost-Trekkers Information Management System (TIMS) card
- Langtang National Park Permit Cost
- Two nights at Hotel in Kathmandu with breakfast on the basis of twin sharing
- Lodge accommodation (tea houses) during the whole trek
- BLD Meals – (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) including cup of tea/coffee
- Fresh fruits in dinner as Dessert
- Water purification for Trekking
- Experienced English Speaking Trekking guide (includes salary, insurance, equipment, food, and lodging)
- Porter (includes salary, insurance, equipment, food, and lodging) while One porter is provided for two people
- Medical kit Box(includes all essentials items for trekking)
- Coordination services for emergency and rescue operations according to your Travel Insurance
- Government and Related local taxes
- Farewell dinner at reputable restaurants
Langtang Valley Cost Exclusion:
- Nepal Visa Fees
- Travel insurance Cost
- All soft and hard drinks Beverages
- Tips to Guide, Porter or any Staff
- Personal expenses such as telephone bills, Wi-Fi, laundry, hot shower on mountain
- Any additional overnights in Kathmandu in early return from the trek
- All your personal things and necessaries which are not mentioned in cost included
Langtang Vally Trek Map:
Extracted from outline Itineraray, here is detail map of Langtang Trek pointing day to day trek.
Langtang Valley Difficulty & Preperation:
Langtang Valley is considered as the easy to moderate level trek in Nepal and also the third best trekking area in Nepal. While the first one best trek Everest Base Camp & second Annapurna Base Camp need a best month to trek, Langtang Valley doesn’t need any. Thus, preparing for Langtang Trek is less difficult than preparing for EBC trek.
Langtang Valley trek highest point that you will reach is 4,954m and preparing for this type of elevation needs a beginners training. Starting with a multi-day hike or cardio exercise like swimming, jogging, and running can be quite useful for Langtang Trek.
The main priority to achieve from this training is not big muscle but stamina, strength and endurance so that 6 hours walk will not exhaust you completely. Similarly, a well-balanced diet is also important to maintain your body. So, again remembering all the points, here is how you can prepare for the Langrang Valley trek,
- Multi-Day Hiking: This kind of activities help you to get familiar with carrying loads and slow walking pace. It is better to hike at high altitude in your place to practice efficiently.
- Cardio Exercises: Swimming, Jogging & Running are the necessary exercises to build up stamina, flexibility and prevent any muscle cramps during the trek. Start with a warm-up exercise if you are starting cardio exercises.
- Balanced Diet: Having a balanced diet in your routine can make your workout more productive and efficient. The main thing to never miss out is drinking water habit. If you are not fond of drinking water then now is your time to make it a daily habit.
After Workout program the next thing to prepare for Langtang Valley Trek is packing list. Below here are the basic things that you will need for trekking:
20-25ltr Backpack, Duffel Bag (Will be provided from PN), Sleeping Bag,
- Head Wear: Warm Cap, Beanie, Buff, UV protection Sunglass.
- Body Wear: Wicking Long Sleeve T-Shirts, Fleece Jackets, Thermal Underwear, Insulated/Down Jacket, Trekking Pants, Quick Dry T-Shirts.
- Foot Wear: Trekking Boots, Spare Shoe, Sandal, Woolen Socks.
- Accessories: Trekking Pole, Water Bottle, Hot Water Bag, Basic Medical Kit, Head Lamp, Portable Chargers, Trekking Towels, soap, lotion.
Most of the things can be rented and sold in Kathmandu city so that you can save a lot of money.
Pristine Nepal Treks will be waiting for you at the airport with your name on a signboard. Upon your meeting, you will be escorted to Thamel, where you will spend the night. The journey from the airport to Thamel takes about 45 minutes. Today, during your leisure time, you will be given a brief brefing about the trek.
Our amazing trip to the Langtang Valley Panorama Trekking begins with an early-morning drive into the high highlands of Langtang to Syabrubesi, an exhilarating drive that takes us via numerous rural villages and cities to reach warm places like Trisuli Bazaar. After a short rest, the trip continues to Ramche and Dhunche town, which are cooler areas at 1,960 m and the entrance to Langtang National Park, respectively. Dhunche is a significant town in the Rasuwa district and the Langtang region. From here, the drive continues on a downward, twisting road until it ends in the village of Syabrubesi, where travelers will spend their first night in the Langtang region.
Our first day’s walk begins with a few hours of climbing towards isolated farm regions and towns, then continues near Riverside and Bamboo Place with a few tea shops and lodges. After a little break, we continue walking through a cool forest of rhododendron, oak, and pine trees before entering a valley and following the Langtang River, which is fed by the glaciers of the Langtang peaks. We finish the day’s walking at the Lama Hotel, where we will spend the night.
After a lovely evening with the sound of the river running, the morning walk begins by ascending uphill through a gorge of dense woodland, eventually reaching a nice site at Ghodetabla (horse stable), from where altitude gradually rises and air becomes cooler. After lunch, the walk continues to Langtang village for an overnight halt, passing through woodland and then entering a bigger region at Langtang village, a pleasant moderate size village of Tamang and Bhotia ethnic peoples. (This community was entirely destroyed by the massive earthquakes that struck on April 25th and May 12th, 2015).
Today on the trail, and the first highlight of the journey, as the morning trek leads to Kyanjin Gompa in Langtang valley, trekking follows with a short steep ascent as tree lines disappear for small bushes of rhododendron, juniper, and prickly Burberry bushes. Following a lovely and magnificent morning walk, we arrive at Kyanjin Gompa for an overnight break as we slowly enter a vast, gorgeous glacial valley with views of high mountains covered in snow on both sides of the valley. A summer pasture and grazing area for yaks, Kyanjin is situated in the scenic Langtang Valley.
This picturesque place gives close-up views of the Langtang Lirung glacier and ice fall. Kyanjin is named after a historic Gompa (monastery) that is now in near ruins perched on a rocky moraine ridge top. At Kyanjin, see the Yak Cheese Factory, which was built 30 years ago with the guidance and support of Swiss technical assistance.
To explore the gorgeous surroundings, take a short climb to the summit of Kyanjin Ri at 4,773m for a beautiful mountain vista. Or Climb to Tsergo Ri, which has rather steep slopes and requires 4 hours of climbing to reach the peak, where you can see 360° of the surrounding mountains.
From Kyanjin hills and Tsergo-Ri top, spectacular views of Chimsedang Lekh and Kangjal Himal with ridge of peaks surrounding the valley to the south, Naya Kanga 5,844m, beautiful views of the major mountains flanking the Langtang valley, including Ganchenpo 6,387m, Dorje Lakpa 6,990 m, Pemthang Karpo Ri 6,830m, Langtang Lirung 7,245m
After a pleasant and exciting overnight and rest day at Kyanjin and beautiful Langtang valley, morning walk leading to a long descent to Lama Hotel passing via Langtang village and Ghodetabla following Langtang Khola and back at Lama Hotel for an overnight stop.
From Lama Hotel, morning walk follows downhill to Bamboo a small place with few tea houses serving as a lodge. After a nice short rest continue to follow Langtang River. You will be at Syabrubesi around afternoon. It will be free afternoon.
Morning drive leads on mountain road passing farm villages of Tamang through Thulo Varkhu, Dhunche (district headquarter of Rasuwa) Thade, Ramche, Kalikasthan and downhill road to Trisuli then on a nice road through mountain reaching at Kathmandu back into your hotel, afternoon free for individual activities and shopping.
Last day in amazing Nepal country of Himalayan wonders, as per your international flight time depart from the hotel where Pristine Nepal staff transfer you to the airport, after a greatly enjoyable and memorable time around Langtang Valley Panorama trekking with quality services and guidance of Pristine Nepal.