-Experiencing the culture and religion of the ancient Bon & Buddhism way of life.
-A beautiful route into the rhododendron.
-A new taste of local foods from Tamang peoples.
|Max Elevation||3,150 m|
|Activities||Trekking,Culture,Flora & Fauna|
|Trekking Permits||TIMS Card, Local government entrance fee|
|Accommodation||Lodge/ Tea House/Hotel|
|Region||Langtang, North Nepal|
|Other information||Old tradition and culture; astounding mountains|
Pristine Nepal Treks offers an interesting and unique journey with awesome scenery on Tamang Heritage Trail Trekking, a great combination of scenic walks and observing cultures around remote Langtang Himal area.
Tamang ethnic tribe who have settled far and wide of Nepal North Mid-West / Mid East to southern Terai, but heavily populated around Rasuwa district of Langtang and Ganesh Himal area and as well on Kathmandu valley rim. Tamang origin from Mongol descendant migrated to Tibet for a long time adopting similar culture and religion of ancient Bon and Buddhism way of life. Pristine Nepal Tamang Heritage Trail leads you to high hills of Langtang area close to Tibet border, after an interesting drive to start the walk from Syabrubesi to a Tamang village.
The walk leads to exploring delightful villages of immense culture and custom with a simple way of life in the harmony of pristine nature surrounding, walking into lovely rhododendron and pine tree forested area with a panorama of snowcapped peaks. After a wonderful time around the high hills of Langtang, our return leads via an alternative route providing you more opportunity to observe the native Tamang Buddhist culture, and driving back to Kathmandu to conclude this interesting and exciting Tamang Heritage Trekking Trail.
Day 01: Arrive at Kathmandu 1,300m and transfer to Hotel.
Day 02: Drive to Syabrubesi 1,460m – 07 hours journey.
Day 03: Trek to Gatlang 2,200 m – 05 hrs.
Day 04: Trek to Tatopani 2,607 m – 06 hrs.
Day 05: Trek to Thuman 2,400 m via Nagthali – 06 hrs.
Day 06: Trek to Briddim 2,345 m – 06 hrs.
Day 07: Trek to Lama Hotel 2,470m – 06 hours.
Day 08: Trek to Thulo / Upper Syabru 2,250 m – 05 hrs.
Day 09: Trek to Shing Gompa 3,330 m – 05 hours.
Day 10: Trek to Dhunche town 1,960 m – 05 hrs.
Day 11: Drive back to Kathmandu – 06 hrs.
Day 12: International departure for homeward bound.
Pristine Nepal Treks has been involving since it’s established. In fact, we are coordinating for free volunteering in Nepal. We are contributing to a woman school in Kathmandu. We send volunteers in public school in the mountain area. However, you can check out our social activities on our free volunteering Nepal page.
- Private vehicle for airport arrival and departure
- Public bus from Kathmandu to Syabrubesi
- Taxi to and from the bus park
- Trekking Permit-Trekkers Information Management System (TIMS) card
- Langtang National Park permit
- Two night’s hotel in Kathmandu with breakfast
- Lodge accommodation (tea houses) during the trekking
- Meals- Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner, tea/coffee in a cup (Food only in mountain)
- Fresh fruits in dinner
- Water purification
- Experienced trekking guide (Salary, food, insurance, accommodation)
- Porter (salary, insurance, equipment, food, and lodging) one porter is provided for two people
- 4-season sleeping bag, feather-down jacket only for trekking
- Medical kit
- Coordination services for emergency and rescue operations
- Government and related local taxes
- Farewell dinner at reputable restaurants
- Nepal visa fees
- Travel insurance
- Personal expenses such as laundry, bar bills, battery charges, extra porters, hot showers, heater, phone calls, etc
- All soft and hard drinks
- Tips to guide and porter
- Any additional overnights in Kathmandu hotels in the case of early return from the trek
- All your personal things and necessaries which are not mentioned in cost included