|Max Elevation||4,773 m/4.984 m|
|Trekking Permits||TIMS Card, Langtang National park, Shivapuri National Park entrance fee|
|Region||Langtang, North Nepal|
Langtang Gosainkunda Trek
A marvelous and fascinating adventure to beautiful Langtang Valley & Holy Gosainkunda trekking, where the Pristine Nepal expert guide will show you the hidden and amazing areas of Central Himalaya.
Langtang Valley Gosainkunda Trek is located just within a day drive just North of Kathmandu valley rim. It is an ideal and fascinating adventure for all types of people from beginners to hardy trekkers. This trek can also include school and college, as well as corporate people to witness a perfect wilderness environment. It is the best way to get away from busy city life.
[expand title=”Read More” id=”readmore”]
Why Langtang Gosainkunda Trek?
Langtang Gosainkunda trekking offers an awesome panorama of mountains from massive Ganesh Himal (7,405 m) Langtang Lirung (7,234 m) Ghengu Liru(Langtang II 6571m / 21,560ft), Kimshun (6,745m/22,137ft) and Shalbachum(6,918m / 22,699ft) to the south. It includes Chimsedang Lekh at the ridge of peaks includes Naya-Kanga (5,846m) and Gangchempo, Tilman’s beautiful Fluted Peak, Jugal Himal, terminating at Dorje Lakpa (6,980m/22,929ft). Views of Manaslu and Annapurna Himalaya can be seen also on this fabulous trekking.
How to get to your destination?
Langtang Valley & Holy Gosainkund trekking begins with an exciting overland journey. The driving begins through farm villages and towns to reach higher Himalayan alpine areas at Dhunche town-1,960 m high. It is the place where Nepal’s 2nd largest Langtang National Park starts, the first Park around Himalaya established in 1976 with an area of 1,710 sq. km.
After an interesting drive ends at Syabrubesi village we then walk uphill to reach a beautiful Langtang valley at Kynajin Gompa at 3,870 m. We will then trek into a River Gorge for few days passing nice areas of Lama-Hotel-Ghodetabela and Langtang village (which was totally destroyed by avalanches from the earthquake of 25th April and 12th May 2015 and slowly coming back to normal life and shapes).
At Kyanjin Gompa within Langtang Valley, we will enjoy the awesome scenery of mountains and then head back on the same route. After traveling for a few days in the same route we will continue our next adventure towards Holy Gosainkund. Our second part of the trek leads to nice villages of Upper or Thulo Syabru. It lies towards our highlight at holy Gosainkunda. There is a glacial pond of religious significant regarded as sacred by both Hindu and Buddhists, pilgrims travel to take holy bath in this icy cold water as belief is that it relinquishes a sin of hundred lifetimes.
Finally, our marvelous adventure concludes with a scenic interesting walk near the Helambu area of eastern Langtang. There we will reach a viewpoint hill at Chisapani village. Then we will have stunning sunrise over a chain of Himalayan peaks, and downhill to North East of Kathmandu. Then we will have a rim at Sundarijal with a short drive back to Kathmandu.
Our Social Activities
We are coordinating for free volunteering in Nepal as well. And we are supporting to needy people of Nepal through our trekking agency. We are helping some students with their school expenses back on the mountain. You may check those of our social activities on the free volunteering page.
Read Less [/expand]
- Private vehicle for airport arrival and departure
- Public bus from Kathmandu to Syabrubesi
- Taxi to/from bus park
- Private vehicle from Sundarijal to Kathmandu
- Trekking Permit-Trekkers Information Management System (TIMS) card
- Langtang National park permit
- Two nights hotel in Kathmandu with breakfast on the basis of twin sharing
- Lodge accommodation (tea houses) during the trekking
- Meals- Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner, tea/coffee in a cup
- Fresh fruits in dinner
- Water purification
- Experienced trekking guide (salary, insurance, equipment, food, and lodging)
- Porter(salary, insurance, equipment, food, and lodging) one porter is provided for two people
- Medical kit
- Coordination services for emergency and rescue operations
- Government and related local taxes
- Farewell dinner at a reputable restaurant
- Nepalese visa fees
- Travel insurance
- Personal expenses such as laundry, bar bills, battery charges, extra porters, bottled or boiled water, hot showers, heater, phone calls, etc
- All soft and hard drinks
- Tips to guide and porter
- Any additional overnights in Kathmandu hotels in early return from the trek