Langtang Gosainkunda Trek Details:
Langtang Gosainkunda Trek Cost Inclusion/Exclusion:
Langtang Gosainkunda Trek Highlights:
- As you travel admire the beautiful yak pastures, high alpine meadows, and woods.
- From Kyanjin Ri, there are stunning mountain views of the Langtang Himalayas, the valley, and Tibet.
- Encourage those who are rebuilding their lives and means of subsistence following the earthquake
- At the end of the hike, take in the expansive vistas of open valleys.
Langtang Gosainkunda Trek Overview:
Langtang region was long one of Nepal’s most popular destinations on the trekking map until the area was dealt a terrible blow by the 2015 earthquake. Now it’s getting recovered little by little.
Langtang valley is situated in the northeast part of central Nepal, close to Kathmandu around 200km away. In this trek, you can experience deep gorges, rocky terrain, pine forests, yak pastures, insight into Buddhist religious practices, mystical monasteries, picturesque villages, hillside terraces, serene valleys, and breathtaking glaciers. Let’s not forget the beautiful sacred Gosainkunda Lake too which is the treasure of this place.
The journey begins with a long drive down the Trishuli River to Syabrubesi, passing through various farm villages & towns of Ramche & Dhunche which is at 1,960m elevation. The trek begin from Syabrubesi and continue down the Bhote Koshi River, pasing through a few more settlements until we reach to Lama Hotel, where we spend the night.
In this trek, you can hike to kyanjin Ri or Cherko Ri, as well as Langtang Lirung, which are the best places to get a panoramic view of Chimsedang Lekh and Kangjal Himal Naya Kanga (5,844m). You can also get stunning views of the great mountains flanking the Langtang Valley, including Ganchenpo (6,380m), Dorje Lakpa (6,990m), Pemthang Karpo Ri (6,830m), Langtang Lirung (7,245m) and across the northern boundary in Tibet rises the huge massive Shishapangma 8,046 m the last worlds 14th highest mountain.
What makes the Langtang valley trek unique is that you don’t have to trek back to same route like Everest Base Camp Trek route. You get the chance to experience your stay in each places till the final departure.
Langtang Gosainkunda Trek Permits Costs:
The cost of the Langtang Gosainkunda Trek permit includes both the TIMS Card, which costs about USD 20 per person, and the Langtang National Park, which costs about USD 30 per person. Any other fees like government tax and these permit costs are managed by a trekking company like us.
Difficulty & Preparation for Langtang Gosainkunda Trek:
Langtang Gosainkunda is rated as easy to moderate level trek. However, the actual difficulty level depends upon the physical and weather condition. Proper planning for Langtang Gosainkunda trek will never fail and it is also very easy to prepare. During the trek, it is also very rare for trekkers getting an altitude sickness.
First of all, to prepare for Langtang Gosainkunda trek, you need to prepare a packing lists for head wear, body wear, foot wear, gadgets and other accessories.
- Head wear for trek: Hat or scarf, Headlight, winter hat or insulating hat, Sunglass-UV protection, Beanie
- Body Wear: Thermal Underwear, long sleeve T-Shirts, Quick Dry T-Shirts, Warm Gloves, Fleece Jackets, Down Jackets, Shorts, Trekking Pants,
- Foot Wear: Hiking Full Boots, Spare Shoe, Indoor Sandals, Woolen hiking socks, cotton socks,
- Other Accessories packing lists: Sleeping Bag, Med-Kit Box, Water Bottle, Hot Bag/Water Bladder, Trekking Pole, Portable Charger, Books or Cards, Water Purifier, Hydration tablet, Toiletries.
Your next step is to mentally and physically prepare after getting all of the necessary equipment ready. Since Langtang Gosainkunda is an easy to moderate trip, a basic fitness program would be sufficient. Cardio exercise including running, swimming, hiking, and jogging should be a part of the training program.
The ideal approach to become comfortable to trekking with a backpack is to go on multi-day hikes while carrying a backpack slightly increasing the load day by day. You may occasionally need to carry 5 to 10 kg of load while the porter carries the remaining heavy loads during the trek. Therefore, you should inly bring the necessary items/gears in your backpack rather than bringing heavy and bulky gears.
The last thing left to prepare for Langtang Gosainkunda Trek is planning your trek in best time. Among all the four season, Spring & Autumn season is considered as the best time to trek in Nepal. But given that Langtang Gosainkunda is close to the Kathamndu region, you can go on for a trek even in the monsoon & winter season.
- Private vehicle for airport arrival and departure
- Public bus from Kathmandu to Syabrubesi
- Taxi to/from bus park
- Private vehicle from Sundarijal to Kathmandu
- Trekking Permit-Trekkers Information Management System (TIMS) card
- Langtang National park permit
- Two nights hotel in Kathmandu with breakfast on the basis of twin sharing
- Lodge accommodation (tea houses) during the trekking
- Meals- Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner, tea/coffee in a cup
- Fresh fruits in dinner
- Water purification
- Experienced trekking guide (salary, insurance, equipment, food, and lodging)
- Porter(salary, insurance, equipment, food, and lodging) one porter is provided for two people
- Medical kit
- Coordination services for emergency and rescue operations
- Government and related local taxes
- Farewell dinner at a reputable restaurant
- Nepalese visa fees
- Travel insurance
- Personal expenses such as laundry, bar bills, battery charges, extra porters, bottled or boiled water, hot showers, heater, phone calls, etc
- All soft and hard drinks
- Tips to guide and porter
- Any additional overnights in Kathmandu hotels in early return from the trek