Pristine Nepal Treks presents Upper Mustang Trek for your life experience. wherever you will walk on historical Trans-Himalayan Salt Caravan Route of Nepal and Tibet. Besides that, you will have a fascinating journey with a distinctive scenery of an extension of Tibetan southern landscapes. A tremendous high canon of red cliffs dotted with holes of early monks and priest meditations caves.
|Max Elevation||4,230 m|
|Trekking Permits||Restricted Area permit $500 per person for 10 days & ,ACAP $20 per person after 10 days|
Mustang Trek for Tourist
This trek was opened for travelers since the early 1990s until then it had been a mysterious and closed kingdom. Whatever, Nepal government has opened this trek for you to witness its past and present. However, it is still a restricted area. You should pay very expensive $500 only for Permit.
Tibetan religious-culture and custom has influenced to Upper Mustang society wherever you will see its fascinating previous traditions. It was untouched by the trendy civilization of medieval times. We start this trek with an overland drive from Kathmandu to scenic Pokhara. Whereas an attractive Pokhara with high Annapurna Himalaya. However, it is beautiful with its pristine Lakes Phewa & Begnas.
You can fly to Jomsom, the headquarters and the main city of the whole Mustang district. Therefore, your initial walks go on windy Kaligandaki River valley. Then you will follow the traditional trans-Himalayan caravan route through old villages of Kagbeni, Tshele, Ghami, Tsarang. And it will end at Lo-Manthang. However, Lo-Manthang is a fortified settlement.
You can visit different places and the former palace of Mustang king. You can visit different monasteries here. Besides that, you can hike to Chhoser cave wherever you can explore a historical hidden palace inside the mountain.
Ghar Gumba or Luri Gumba in Upper Mustang trek
We will bring you to a very historical Ghar Gumba on the way back after Lo-Manthang. Or we will go an alternative trail for an old and cultural Luri Gumba on the other side of the mountain to return way back. Then, you will go back to Jomsom. From Jomsom, you will have a scenic flight to picturesque Pokhara with grand services of Pristine Nepal Treks.
Nowadays, there’s a road all the way to Tibet border from Jomsom. Most importantly, you can do mountain biking in this lovely Upper Mustang. However, you can do a motorcycle trip further here.
- Private vehicle for airport arrival and departure
- Private vehicle for sightseeing in Kathmandu
- Tour guide for heritage sightseeing
- Tourist bus tickets from Kathmandu to Pokhara
- Taxi to and from the bus park
- Flight tickets from Pokhara to Jomsom
- Public bus from Jomsom to Pokhara
- Baggage allowances are 10kg checked-in and 5kg hand luggage
- Tourist bus tickets from Pokhara to Kathmandu
- Trekking Permit-Trekkers Information Management System (TIMS) card
- Annapurna Conservation Area Project (ACAP) permit,
- Special Mustang permit
- Three nights hotel in Kathmandu with breakfast on the basis of twin sharing
- Two nights hotel in Pokhara with breakfast on the basis of twin sharing
- Lodge accommodation (tea houses) during the trekking
- Meals- Breakfast, Lunch, & Dinner, tea/coffee in a cup during trekking
- Fresh fruits in dinner
- Water purification
- Experienced trekking guide (Salary, food, insurance, accommodation)
- Porter (salary, insurance, equipment, food, & lodging) one porter is provided for two people
- 4-season sleeping bag, feather-down jacket only for trekking on renting
- Medical kit
- Coordination services for emergency and rescue operations
- Government and related local taxes
- All paper works
- Farewell dinner at reputable restaurants
Price does not include
- Nepalese visa fees
- Travel insurance
- Monument fee in Kathmandu heritage tour
- Extra baggage charges on domestic flights
- Personal expenses such as laundry, bar bills, battery charges, extra porters, bottled or boiled water, hot showers, heater, phone calls, etc
- All soft and hard drinks
- Tips to guide and porter
- Any additional overnights in Kathmandu and Pokhara hotels in early return from the trek
- Additional tours in Kathmandu and Pokhara
- All your personal things and necessaries which are not mentioned in cost included