Welcome to Pristine Nepal, your gateway to the most captivating and enhancing adventure destination in the world – the Tilicho Lake & Mesokanta La Trek.
Embark on a unique and extraordinary journey through the hidden corners of Manang, a remote and isolated region located on the famous Annapurna circuit trail.
Our treks will lead you to the pristine beauty of Tilicho Lake & Mesokanto-la, offering an overwhelming experience like no other.
Introduction to Tilicho Lake & Mesokanta La Trek:
The Tilicho Lake trek is a moderate to challenging level but scenic trek in the Annapurna Region of Nepal which takes you to the world’s highest lakes in the world.
Standing at an altitude of 4,919 meters in the Manang district, the lake is formed by the melting glaciers of Annapurna Mountain and Thorung Peak. Tilicho Lake also holds great religious significance for the Hindu people.
Highlights of this trek:
- Immerse yourself in the breathtaking panorama of Mt. Tilicho, Annapurna Massif, Mt. Gangapurna, Mt. Fishtail, and the Glacier Dome.
- Unparalleled beauty with diverse ecosystems & the thrill of encountering the magnificent glacier lake of Tilicho.
- The combination of the Tilicho Lake Trek with the Mesokanta-La Pass extends the adventure and exploration of the captivating Manang region.
- Conquer the thrilling Mesokanta-La Pass, situated at an elevation of 5,330 meters above sea level.
- Enjoy the expertise & support of Pristine Nepal’s experienced guides and staff throughout the trek.
Insight of Tilicho Lake & Mesokanto La Trek:
The trek starts with a thrilling drive to Dharapani through the warm and inviting areas of Lamjung Behisisar and Syange. From there, we embark on foot, immersing ourselves in a picturesque forest adorned with magnificent pines and vibrant rhododendrons.
As we traverse into the traditional villages enriched in Buddhist cultures, you’ll witness the authentic way of life and feel a deep connection to the local community.
Continuing the trek, the breathtaking Manang Valley offers panoramic vistas and a gateway to incredible experiences. Our path winds through charming villages such as Chame-Pisang and Braga, each with its unique allure.
The highlight of this journey is to visit an ancient monastery, where history and spirituality intertwine, and the panoramic views of Annapurna II-IV, Gangapurna, Pisang, and Chulus peaks will leave you speechless
Similarly, you will gain an insight into the customs, traditions, and daily life of locals, which will deepen your understanding of this remarkable heritage.
Our next destination takes us to the remote and awe-inspiring Tilicho Lake, an emerald gem nestled amidst majestic mountains. The tranquility and beauty of this sacred place will fill your heart with wonder and leave an indelible impression.
Ascending to the pinnacle of our adventure, we conquer the formidable Mesoknato-la, standing tall at an awe-inspiring altitude of 5,121m (16,801 ft).
And, descending to Jomsom, the vibrant heart of the Mustang district, we conclude this incredible journey with a scenic flight to the stunning city of Pokhara.
How long does it take to complete Tilicho Lake Trek?
Generally, the hike to Tilicho Lake & Mesokanto La Pass trek takes approximately 15 to 18 days, depending on the specific itinerary & the pace of the trek. Our itinerary consists of 15 Days to complete the whole trek
What is the difficulty level of Tilicho Lake & Mesokanto La Trek?
The trek to Tilicho Lake is considered moderately to highly challenging in terms of difficulty. It requires a good amount of physical fitness level & prior trekking experiences.
- Private vehicle for airport arrival and departure
- Public bus for Kathmandu to Syange
- Flight tickets from Jomsom to Pokhara
- Baggage allowances are 10kg checked-in and 5kg hand luggage
- Tourist bus from Pokhara to Kathmandu
- Trekking Permit-Trekkers Information Management System (TIMS) card, Annapurna Conservation Area Project (ACAP) permit
- Two nights 3 stars hotel accommodation in Kathmandu (with breakfast) and one night in Pokhara
- Lodge accommodation (tea houses) during the trekking
- Meals- Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner, tea/coffee per meal in a cup (meals only in trekking)
- Experienced trekking guide and porter (Their salary, insurance, equipment, flight tickets, food, and lodging) one porter is provided for two people
- 4-season sleeping bag, feather-down jacket only for trekking
- Medical kit
- Coordination services for emergency and rescue operations
- Government and related local taxes
- Welcome and Farewell dinner at reputable restaurants
- Nepalese visa fees
- Travel insurance
- Extra baggage charges on domestic flights
- Personal expenses such as laundry, bar bills, battery charges, extra porters, bottled or boiled water, hot showers, heater, phone calls, etc
- All soft and hard drinks
- All your personal expenses
- Meals in Kathmandu and Pokhara except for the breakfast
- Tips to guide and porter
- Any additional overnights in Kathmandu and Pokhara hotels in early return from the trek
- Additional tours in Kathmandu and Pokhara
- Personal trekking equipment