[social_warfare]Deepest Gorge Trek
Pristine Nepal Treks & Expedition presents the Deepest Gorge trek for your life experience. It is within the Kali Gandaki River Valley in the Annapurna Himalaya region. However, you can do it from 2 completely different areas. One from Besisahar with Annapurna Circuit trek and another from Pokhara via Poon Hill Ghorepani.
It is located between Mt. Annapurna I & Mt. Dhaulagiri that each over 8,000 meters on top of the sea level. The Kali Gandaki River from Tibet is being erosion continuously. However, its sands & gravel make it deeper & deeper every day.
|Activities||Trekking,Culture,Flora & Fauna|
|Trekking Permits||ACAP Permit, TIMS Card|
|Region||Annapurna, West Nepal|
|Other Information||Spectacular mountain amphitheater|
The Deepest Gorge in the world:
The Kali Gandaki Gorge or Andha Galchhi is the deepest gorge trek area in the world that is 5,571m less than Mt. Annapurna I. This area is called Thak Khola where Thakali people are living for a long time. Thakali people were very popular for the Trans Himalaya trade.
Similarly, you can start this trek from Besisahar on the other side of the Annapurna region. From there you can cross the highest & widest pass within the world which is called Thorang La Pass. You can cross this Thorang La Pass while doing Annapurna Circuit also. It is over 5,416m altitude above the sea level and you can experience a beautiful atmosphere at Manang.
Whoever has a short time, they can start from Pokhara otherwise you can start from Kathmandu also. You can take a scenic flight from Pokhara to Jomsom if you want to start from Pokhara.
This trek gives you the picturesque Muktinath 3,700m on the part of the upper Mustang. Whereas, Jomsom, Muktinath, Kagbeni are Tibetian influenced society. You will feel like you’re in Tibet.
Follow Kali Gandaki all the time until you reach Tatopani where you will relish natural hot spring. And climb up to Poon Hill for the beautiful sun rising viewpoint one day before Pokhara.
Or you can start from Nayapul after a short driving from Pokhara. Wherever you should climb 3,500 steeps before Poon Hill, Ghorepani. Most trekkers visit Poon Hill for the sun rising with almighty Annapurna views. Then trek all the way down to Kali Gandaki gorge trek trail via Tatopani (Hot Spring) way to Muktinath & back to Jomsom for a flight back to Pokhara.
Pristine Nepal Treks has also been involving in social works as well since its established. We are coordinating for free volunteering in Nepal. We send volunteers to public school on mountain and woman school in Kathmandu. You may check our social activities on our free volunteering Nepal page. If you are interested then you can send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Deepest Gorge Trek is one of the challenging and daring treks in Nepal. But, it is also one of the short trekking in Nepal where you can bring your children and families with you. However, before trekking in Nepal, don’t forget to read the best tips or suggestions that can help you in different ways.
- Airport picks & drops by private vehicle
- Two night’s hotel in Kathmandu on the basis of twin sharing
- Two night’s hotel in Pokhara on the basis of twin sharing
- Tourist bus tickets Kathmandu-Pokhara-Kathmandu
- Flight tickets to Jomsom from Pokhara
- Guide’s flight ticket to Jomsom from Pokhara
- Porter’s bus ticket to Jomsom from Pokhara
- Local bus ticket from Marpha to Tatopani
- Private vehicle to Pokhara from Nayapul after trekking
- ACAP Permit (Annapurna Conservation Area Project)
- TIMS Cards Permit
- Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, & Dinner during the trek
- Fresh fruits in dinner
- Steri Pen for water purification
- Trekking guide (salary, food, accommodation, insurance)
- Trekking Porter (Salary, food, accommodation, insurance)
- Free coordination in emergency cases
- All paper works
- Farewell dinner at a reputable restaurant
Price does not include
- Nepal visa fee
- Travel insurance
- Tips to guide & porter
- Personal expenses such as laundry, telephone, WIFi, hot shower
- All soft & hard drinks