Island Peak Climbing
Pristine Nepal presents is an exciting and thrilling adventure on Island Peak. This peak is known by the locals as Imjatse peak and as per NMA (Nepal Mountaineering Associations) trekking peaks list. Island Peak, a perfect name as it stands high in the midst of beautiful Imjatse valley as an island surrounded by the world’s highest giant mountains Mt. Everest, Lhotse, and Lhotse Shar with adjoining surrounding high peaks.
|Max Elevation||6,189 m|
|Activities||Climbing, Challenge,Flora & Fauna|
|Trekking Permits||Sagarmatha National Park, Peak climbing, Local government fee|
|Accommodation||Lodge/ Tea House/Hotel|
|Region||Everest, East Nepal|
|Other Information||Potential altitude problems; Flight Hassle in Lukla|
Island Peak has a broken ridge of Lhotse southern peak which might have been separated thousands of years ago. This makes the trekking peak one of the most sought and popular among climbers and adventurers. Island peak stands at 6,160 m and 20,328 ft high with a climbing grade as PD + which is taken from French and Swiss Alpine Climbing System. PD + means a straightforward climb with some technical efforts in a few sections of the climb to its summit top.
Our adventure to Island Peak Climbing involves a trek to Everest Base Camp and a short steep climb at Kalapathar a scenic viewpoint of above 5,545 m high, offers a superb panorama of Khumbu giant mountains with Everest at its closest.
Why do Island Peak Climbing?
After a good acclimatization with rest days and then our true adventure takes you to the high summit on top Island peak at 6,160 m and 20,328 ft high, where you will be surrounded by world highest peaks Mt. Everest (8,848m / 29, 028ft) Lhotse (8,516 m-24,940 ft), Nuptse (7,855m-25,772 ft) and Lho – La or Khumbutse peak (6,036 m – 19,992ft) Mt. Lingtren (6,749 m / 22,142 ft) Changtse ( 7,583 m / 25,230 ft) Mt. Pumori (7,161 m / 25,772 ft) Amadablam (6,812 m / 22,480 ft) Kangtenga (6,782 m / 22, 380 ft) Tharmarserku ( 6,623 m / 21, 855 ft) Kwangde (6,011 m / 19,837 ft) Kusum Khanguru (6,373 m / 21,030 ft) holy peak of Khumbi-la (5,761 m / 19,012 ft).
And also one of the world’s 5thhighest Mt. Makalu (8,463 m / 27, 766 ft) Lobuje Peak (6,119 m / 20,192 ft) Pokhalde ( 5,806 m / 19,159 ft) and many other smaller unnamed peaks.
How Journey Starts here?
Island Peak Climbing starts with a sweeping flight to Lukla the gateway town to Everest base camp. Then from there, we will walk towards Sherpa farm villages and into alpine forest areas to reach Namche Bazaar. It is facilities with well-stocked stores, shops, restaurants, bakeries, cyber café including banks and post office an ideal spot for rest day for acclimatization.
From Namche Bazar heading towards another lovely spot of Tyangboche Monastery, it is surrounded by alpine woodlands and mountains with Everest and majestic Amadablam. We will then head towards the arctic zone at Everest base camp with views of Khumbu Ice-Falls and glaciers, and a climb of Kalapathar as an extra hike. Finally, our walk leads to our highlight and destination on top Island Peak.
After a memorable and exciting adventure on Island Peak Climbing heading back to Lukla for the scenic flight back to Kathmandu where this fabulous adventure concludes.
- Arrival & departure by private vehicle
- Private vehicle for heritage tours in Kathmandu
- Tour guide
- Taxi to/from domestic airport in Kathmandu
- Flight tickets (Kathmandu to Lukla to Kathmandu)
- Three night’s hotel in Kathmandu with breakfast on the basis of twin sharing
- Lodge accommodation during trekking
- Tented accommodation for climbing
- Meals: Breakfast, lunch, & dinner during trekking & climbing
- Fresh fruits in dinner
- Water purification
- Pasang Lhamu rural municipality entrance fee
- Sagarmatha National Park permit fee
- Island peak climbing permit
- Experienced trekking guide (Food, accommodation, insurance, flight ticket, salary)
- Porter: One porter is provided for two trekkers (Food, accommodation, insurance, & salary)
- Experienced Climbing guide (Food, tent, salary, Equipment)
- Insurance for climbing guide
- Mountaineering (Climbing) equipment
- Sleeping bag & down jacket on renting for trekking & climbing
- Sleeping & kitchen tent
- Medical kit
- Coordination in emergency cases & rescue
- Related local & government taxes
- Nepal visa fee
- Travel insurance
- Monument fee in Kathmandu heritage sightseeing
- Personal expenses such as hot shower, toilet paper, WiFi, telephone bill etc
- All soft & hard drinks
- Tips to guide & porter
- Kathmandu hotel in the case of early return