Everest Chola Pass Trek Overview
”Everest Cho La Pass is a challenging yet rewarding trek in the Himalayas of Nepal, taking trekkers and hikers through the Khumbu region, home to the world’s highest mountain Everest. The trekking trail offers you breathtaking views of Mt. Everest, Lhotse, Cho Oyu, and Ama Dablam among many others.”
Apart from the stunning mountain ranges, the trek takes you to serene nature, several Sherpa settlements, and some of the oldest monasteries along with the rich flora and fauna.
Overall, the Everest Cho la pass trek is a combination of absolute adventure. Crossing the Cho La Pass, standing at the foot of the highest base camp in the world, walking in glaciers, and exploring the Gokyo Lakes is a definite once-in-a-lifetime achievement.
Highlights of the Everest Cho La Pass trek
- Short Scenic flight to Lukla
- Crossing the famous Hillary Bridge
- Exploring the Sherpa settlements, culture, and lifestyle
- Visiting the Buddhist monasteries, chortens, and stupas
- Hiking to the best viewpoints including Kalapatthar and Gokyo Ri
- Crossing Cho la pass
- Witnessing the turquoise Gokyo Lake
Accommodation and food at Everest region
Living in the Everest region is not easy. From the very beginning of the hike, you will observe several animals and humans carrying food, fuel, wood, and other items. They have little choice but to carry the material personally because they must transport it by helicopter, which is quite expensive. Due to this, food in the Everest region is quite expensive, which seems appropriate when you consider the production procedure.
For lodging and dining, there are many hotels and tea houses to choose from. In most hotels today, you can easily find dishes like pizza, burgers, pasta, etc., along with certain well-known Nepali specialties.
Our EBC Cho la pass trek package offers hotels and full board service while trekking. We provide you with three meals everyday breakfast, lunch, and dinner along with a drink. Because we are concerned about your health, we make sure that the food you consume and the accommodation you stay in are both good and thoroughly inspected beforehand.
“In terms of lodging, our EBC Cho la Pass Trek includes a two-night stay with breakfast in a premium hotel in Kathmandu on the basis of twin-sharing. Regarding the trek, we will offer you one of the standard rooms at the tea house.“
Permits For Everest Cho La Pass Trek
Permit to enter Khumbu Rural Municipality, you will require two permissions for the EBC Cho la Pass Trek: the Sagarmatha National Park Entry Permit and the Khumbu Rural Municipality Permit.
The Khumbu Pasanglhamu Rural Municipality office is located at the end of Lukla settlement, where you will begin your journey on the first day. You can obtain a permit for Khumbu Rural Municipality there. The procedure for obtaining a permit is quite simple, and it is also displayed on boards.
Similarly, you must visit Monjo to obtain an admission permit for Sagarmatha National Park. Getting a permit from Kathmandu is a preferable alternative because there may be a big line during peak season.
Without charging extra, your Pristine Nepal Treks guide will arrange for all the permissions you’ll need for your trek.
Transportation services for the Trek
Our Pristine Nepal Trek representative will be awaiting you at the airport to welcome you with a friendly greeting and transport you safely to your hotel (vehicle will be arranged according to your number of guests).
In the busiest months, which are March through May and October through November, we must take a 15-minute flight from Ramechap to Lukla. It takes about 4 hours to drive from Kathmandu to Ramechap, but you don’t need to worry about it because transportation is covered by the Everest cho la pass package.
However, you can take a direct flight from Kathmandu to Lukla from December to February and from June to September for this Everest Base Camp trek via Gokyo lake.
“Note: Pristine Nepal Treks team will arrange every kind of transportation service required for the trek.“
- Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu & Transfer to Hotel
- Day 02: Fly to Lukla and trek to Phakding | 2,610m – 3 hrs
- Day 03: Trek to Namche Bazaar | 3,440m – 7 hrs
- Day 04: Acclimatization and Rest day at Namche
- Day 05: Trek to Tyangboche | 3,860m – 5 hrs
- Day 06: Trek to Dingboche | 4,410m – 5 hrs
- Day 07: Acclimatization and Rest day at Dingboche
- Day 08: Trek to Lobuche | 4,910m – 6 hrs
- Day 09: Trek to EBC (5,364m) and back to Gorakshep | 5,164m – 7 hrs
- Day 10: Hike to Kalapatthar (5,545m) and trek to Dzongla | 4,800m – 7 hrs
- Day 11: Cross Cho La Pass (5,420m) and trek to Thangnak | 4,700m – 8 hrs
- Day 12: Trek to Gokyo (4,750m) and rest – 4 hrs
- Day 13: Hike to Gokyo Ri (5,357m) and trek to Dole | 4,038m – 7 hrs
- Day 14: Trek to Namche Bazaar – 6 hrs
- Day 15: Trek to Lukla – 7 hrs
- Day 16: Fly back to Kathmandu
- Day 17: Final Departure