|Max Elevation||4,500 m|
|Best Time||Autumn season (Oct-Dec), Spring season (March-June)|
|Trekking Permits||ACAP Permit, TIMS Card|
|Region||Annapurna, West Nepal|
|Includes||Trekking Guide & Porter|
An enjoyable and ever-exciting adventure to Mardi Himal Trek with Pristine Nepal leading you to scenic hills and mountains, on day to day walks on the off-beaten trails at the foot of Mardi Himal and towering Mt. Machhapuchare “Fish Tail’. Likewise, this is an isolated and less crowded trekking area in the Annapurna region also known as the lesser-trek of Nepal. Poon Hill trek and Annapurna base camp trek is the busiest area in the season so this is an alternative trekking trail for tourists.
Mardi Himal at 5,587 m high stands beneath towering Mt. Machhapuchare “Fish Tail” a 6,997 m high peak, on the southern base of majestic and virgin peak Machhapuchare. Mardi Himal trek was first noticed by Western Mountaineers from the photographs of Basil Goodfellow, taken in 1953. Similarly, it was climbed to its summit by a route on its east flank by Jimmy Roberts with two Sherpas. The peak of Mardi terminated by the Southwest Ridge of Mt. Machhapuchare as a distinct and separate peak.
The area is less-trekked and explored by western trekkers, as Mardi Himal location is quite steep-sided and heavily wooded with bamboo and rhododendron. Above the forest, high alpine pastures provide good grazing and a habitat for undisturbed wildlife.
“Mardi Himal Trek Trail”
“Mardi Himal Trek Trail” starts from scenic Pokhara valley with a drive to the starting point of the trek. Then following the trail into nice traditional Gurung villages on the main trail for few days, and then our route diverts away from mainstream trekking trail. Similarly, the walk leads into the heavily forested area. However, in spring this area will turn into a mystical area with pristine wildflowers in full bloom. As the trek progresses leaving the tree lines behind heading towards at the foot of Mardi Himal and Mt. Machhapuchare with incredible scenery of Pokhara valley and snowcapped peaks.
Our return journey takes an alternative route on the main trail with a short drive back to picturesque Pokhara after an overwhelming adventure to Mardi Himal trek with Pristine Nepal’s excellent planning and guidance.
- • Private vehicle for airport arrival and departure
- • Two-night hotel in Kathmandu on the basis of twin sharing with breakfast
- • Two-night hotel in Pokhara
- • Tourist bus ticket (Kathmandu to Pokhara to Kathmandu)
- • Taxi to/from bus park
- • Private vehicle from Pokhara to Phedi (trekking starting point)
- • Private vehicle from Kande to Pokhara (after trekking)
- • Lodge accommodation on mountain during trekking
- • 3 meals a day Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner during the trek
- • Fresh fruits with dinner
- • ANNAPURNA CONSERVATION AREA PROJECT (ACAP) permit
- • TREKKERS INFORMATION MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (TIMS) cards for trekking
- • Authentic licensed, English speaking experienced trekking guide
- • One porter for two trekkers
- • Guide and Porter's salary, food, accommodation, equipment, insurance
- • Government and local taxes
- • Water purification
- • Farewell dinner at one of the reputed restaurant
- • Travel insurance
- • All kinds of soft and hard drinks
- • Personal expenses such as laundry, bar bills, battery charge, extra porters, bottled or boiled water, hot shower on the lodge, heater, phone calls, etc
- • Tips for guide and porter
- • Any additional night stay in hotels in case an early return from the trek or an extended stay in Nepal