Everest Base Camp Trek via Gokyo Lake Details:
|Max Elevation:||5,545m||Best Time:||Oct-Dec & Mar-June|
|Trekking Permits:||National Park Permit, TIMS, Local Permit||Domestic Flight:||KTM/Ramechhap-Lukla-KTM/Ramechhap|
|Guide & Porter:||Experienced||Hidden Charges:||No|
Everest Base Camp Trek via Gokyo Lake is the most popular, attractive, and technically advanced trekking adventure in the Khumbu region. From the serene Gokyo Valley and Gokyo lakes, the trail takes you to the high Cho La Pass at the elevation of 5,420m which is also the challenging part of the trek.
On this 17 days excursion, you will get an opportunity to explore the Everest region thoroughly. Challenging yet the trek walks you through the beautiful rhododendron and pine forests and offers you marvelous panoramic views of Mt. Everest, Mt. Ama Dablam, Mt. Cho Oyo, Mt. Lhotse, Mt. Nuptse, Mt. Thamserku, and so on.
This is a unique trek that does not follow the classic Everest Base Camp Trail. Instead, it is a round trip through EBC as the trekkers hike through Gokyo, Cho La Pass, Everest Base Camp, Kalapatthar, and back to Lukla.
Is Gokyo Lake Trek worth it?
Yes, the Gokyo Lake with Everest Base Camp trek is worth the trek of a lifetime which in fact is one of the hidden gems in the Khumbu region that is waiting to be explored thoroughly. Gokyo Lake is a combination of six different glacial lakes and these lakes are known to be the highest freshwater lakes in the whole world. The Gokyo trek offers you the most wonderful glimpse of the mighty Everest, peace, and serenity.
Moreover, the climb to Gokyo Ri (5,357m) and capturing the spectacular views of Everest, Lhotse, and Cho Oyu with other Himalayan ranges will surely make your jaw drop. It is beyond anyone’s imagination.
What is include in the package price?
- Airport picks up & drops (Both international and domestic)
- Two-night hotel in Kathmandu with breakfast on twin sharing basis
- Kathmandu/Ramechhap-Lukla-Ramechhap/Kathmandu flight tickets
- Baggage allowance 10kg check-in & 5kg hand carry
- Guide flight Kathmandu/Ramechhap-Lukla-Ramechhap/Kathmandu
- Lodge accommodation during the trekking
- Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, & dinner tea or coffee per meal only in trekking
- Fresh fruits with dinner
- WiFi internet 10 GB
- Pristine Nepal Trek’s duffel bag
- Pristine Nepal T-shirt as a souvenir
- Trekking map
- First Aid kit
- National park permit
- TIMS Card
- Pasang Lhamu Rural Municipality local permit
- Trekking equipment: Down Jacket & four-season sleeping bag(to be returned)
- English speaking, government license holder trekking guide
- Sherpa porter (food, accommodation, insurance, salary- one porter for two trekkers)
- Water purification
- Coordination for emergency cases
- Farewell dinner at the reputable restaurant
What is not included in package price?
- Nepal visa fee
- Travel insurance(covering helicopter evacuation)
- Personal expenses such as laundry, telephone bills, bar bills, chocolate, shower, snacks, and deserts
- All types of soft and hard drinks
- Tips to guide & porter
- Extra nights in Kathmandu hotel in the case of early returns
- All things which are not mentioned in include